Is your business using Social Media? If the answer is no, then why not?
Social Media is blowing up big time, it has surpassed pornogrophy to become the number one thing searched for online. Using Social Media is the best way to raise awareness about your brand or particular niche you are in. In today's technocratic society we are all living in a glass house, so to speak. We might as well utilize this technology to it's full potential.
I just finished an excellent book called, "Socialnomics" by Erik Qualman, the book is highly influencial, and basically kills all doubt whether businesses should or should not employ social media in their Marketing campaign. In light of that I will present a few excerpts from Socialnomics:
- Facebook tops Google for weekly traffic in the United States.
- Social Media has overtaken pornography as the #1 activity on the web.
- One out of every five couples married in the United States met via social media.
- Weibo (equivalent to Twitter) dominates China.
- Instead universities are distributing e-readers, iPads, and tablets.
- The #2 largest search engine in the world is YouTube.
- Every minute, 48 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube.
- Wikipedia has over 15 million articles. Studies show it's as accurate as the Encyclopedia Britannica. Some 78 percent of these articles are non-English.
- There are over 200,000,000 blogs.
- If you were paid $1 every time an article was posted on Wikipedia, you would earn $1,712.32 per hour.
- About 25 percent of search results for the world's top 20 largest brands are links to user-generated content.
- Some 34 percent of bloggers post opinions about products and brands.
- Over 90 percent of consumers trust peer recommendations.
- Only 14 percent trust advertisements.
- About 90 percent of people who can TiVo ads do so.
- Of the 25 largest newspapers, 24 are experiencing record declines in circulation.
- We will no longer search for the news, the news will find us.
This book was a definite eye opener into the endless outlets inside social platforms. I was amazed at how much of a role social media played in the Presidential election. The candidates that utilized social media properly outranked their opponent 4 to 1.
Social media might not be for every business, but I can tell you that people and companies are making millions more by utilizing it.
My favorite social site is Google+ because of the hangouts, and the ability to get into many social circles, and the opportunity to market to thousands, and possibly millions of people.
Anyone interested in joining a social hangout please leave a comment and we can get connected!
Thanks for reading if you would like a copy of this great resource, you can easily acquire it at Amazon or Ebay for a little more than $20. I hope this article helped in understanding how truly powerful social media is, and inspires someone to utilize it in their marketing strategy.